Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Diamonds On The Souls Of Her Shoes

Last Saturday I had the MIL watch Sophie and I ventured out with Mr. G and a couple other family members to see Paul Simon perform. I must be honest here and say that I really don't know too much of his solo stuff. Simon & Garfunkel songs sure, but Paul on his own, not so much. Some songs I did know were Rhythym of the Saints, Only Living Boy in New York, Graceland, S&G's Sound of Silence, and the amazing George Harrison's Here Comes the Sun. The only disappointments were that he didn't play that You Can Call Me Al song during one of his two encores and he ended on a slow song. I don't understand why anyone would end on a slow note. I'd rather go out with a bang. Despite my lack of sing along abilities, I though it was a good show. It was good just to get out and bring my family along as well.

And speaking of shows, guess who is coming to town in March???!!! Radiohead! Finally! One of my absolute favorite bands is coming to Austin and I can't wait. I just hope I can get tickets and it doesn't sell out in 2.5 seconds. I'm sure it will but I will be ready at 10am sharp to make my purchase. Another show coming in May is Roger Waters performing The Wall Live. I saw this show last year in Dallas and it was amazing. I hope to make it again this year since it will be coming to Austin. This will be the closest I will ever get to seeing Pink Floyd perform so I will take what I can get. The Wall is a fantastic album and it is the album of choice for my car right now.

Also hoping to go see Morrissey and The Kills in the coming months, but we will see. Hope you enjoyed the sneak peak into my musical calendar!

0 comments:

Post a Comment