Sunday, March 31, 2013

Somewhere Over The Rainbow

I should have dated this Saturday March 30, 2013 because that is when I actually wrote it :)


So, tomorrow is Easter and I am over my head with all that I have to prepare for brunch with the family. Next year, I am going out. I don't care how much it costs. I don't even celebrate Easter. But regardless, it should be a good spread and I'll share more tomorrow. Any holiday is a good excuse for family to get together and eat.

My partner and crime, Little S, is as tired as I am writing this post and I'm ready to pass out but there is still more to do.


I did want to share a quick recipe with you before I say goodnight. It was so quick and easy and something my brother in law made that I have since replicated twice this past month. I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter and enjoys their time with family tomorrow.

Sweet Potatoes with Swiss Chard

1 sweet potato, cut into small dice
1 bunch of Swiss or Rainbow Chard (about 6-8 stalks) stems cut into small dice and leaves roughly chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 to 1 teaspoon cayenne
Salt to taste

Heat the oil on medium high heat and add the sweet potato. Cook until brown then lower the heat to low and allow the sweet potatoes to cook through, about 15 min. Add the stalks and cook 5 more min. Add the leaves. Season with salt and cayenne. Voila! Goes great with fish or just by itself.



2 comments:

  1. Amanda! Happy Easter to you! Eaton and I are about to make this but lack the swiss chard stuff so are going to use kale in replace and thinking about adding carrot. Thanks for the awesome idea. I hope you are well! :) you are missed! Sorry ive been MIA lately. -Melissa S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa...I think kale and carrot would be great, let me know how it comes out. Hope you had a great Easter!

      Delete