Thursday, March 7, 2013

Top Ten

I am obviously in a blogging rut.  I'm not sure where this blog should go and keeping up is a job in itself.  However, I am finding myself bored tonight and listening to music which I rarely do anymore.  And I miss it.  I missing staying up late at night listening to old favorites and exploring new stuff.  I am always open for new suggestions to music so feel free to comment on this post.

Maybe this list will give you a better idea of what I like to listen to.  I listen to all sorts of things, but I tend to stay weird, dark and dreamy with the occasional up beat fun stuff.

1.  Radiohead-Paranoid Android.  I love anything Radiohead and I find it quite fitting that I put this first.  I could also list several other songs in this number one spot including The National Anthem, You and Whose Army, Talk Show Host, etc.  But I will stick with Paranoid Android as it is probably one of my all time favorite songs.

2.  The Cars-Just What I Needed.  The music in this song gives me chills.  The lead singer also reminds me of a total creeper and I kinda like it.

3.  Pink Floyd-Goodbye Blue Sky and the rest of The Wall Album-I get so emotionally vested in this album.  Pink Floyd is another favorite of mine and I just get completely sucked in.  This song in particular is so haunting to me and I can listen over and over.

4. Midlake-We Gathered in Spring and Van Occupanther-This is a beautiful band.  These two songs in particular are my favorites on their The Trials of Van Occupanther album.  They really got me out of a deep funk I was in a while back.  Sad but true.

5.  Arcade Fire-Neighborhood #3 (Power Out)-This is such a powerful song as are many of their other songs.  I can't get enough of this band and I can't wait until I see them live.

6. Kavinsky-Nightcall.  Dark, creepy, and makes you want to do bad things.

7.  Black Sabbath-Hand of Doom.  This is just a bad ass song.  Plain and simple.

8.  The Doors-The Soft Parade.  This is like 3 songs in one.  And the lyrics are fantastic.

9.  Death Cab For Cutie-I could sing this one for days.  The album We Have The Facts and We're Voting Yes is raw and emotional.  I always find so much truth in their lyrics.

10.  Modest Mouse-Bury Me With It.  Some of the best lyrics I've ever heard.

What are some of your favorites?


0 comments:

Post a Comment