Friday, January 11, 2013

Start Me Up!

Happy Near Year everyone!  I know I'm a little late, but I had fallen off the bandwagon for a bit there and took a much needed rest from the internet.  Between the holidays and taking a quick but eventful trip to New York, I am ready to start blogging again.

I have been thinking a lot lately about what I want to do with this blog and where I'd like it to go.  It is more writing for pleasure than really expecting this blog to go anywhere.  I don't intend on posting ads to make money, nor do I intend for it to go mainstream.  I know this is a tiny blog in a sea of much larger, better blogs.  What I do hope is that I can share things that I know: parenting, cooking, baking, Austin, nutrition, etc.  And sure, I realize there are many other blogs out there that talk about the same thing, but hopefully I can find someone to relate.  To all that follow me, thank you.  It means a lot. 

Of course I wanted to talk about RESOLUTIONS.  After much thought, I decided that I'd like to stick with monthly goals instead of year long resolutions.  Shorter goals are more attainable and I am much more likely to complete my list instead of forgetting about them.  Here it goes!

January Goals:
1.  Eat vegetarian as much as possible.  I have not eaten meat in over a week now and I have to admit, I'm feeling great.  I've been watching a lot of documentaries and reading A LOT on what a healthy diet should look like.  I always get the same answer:  Less processed foods and meat, more fruits, vegetables and grains.  I have not cut out dairy, but I am trying to make healthier choices overall. 

2.  Find a writing class.  If I were to have a yearly goal, it would be to find what I'm truly passionate about and make a living out of it.  Mr. G and I were talking yesterday and he suggested writing.  I do love to write, not sure I am any good at it, but I would love to see if it is worth pursuing.  Now I am hunting for a writing class.  I am not sure where to really begin so this goal may extend into February.  If you have any tips or suggestions, please let me know.

This month is shaping up to be pretty busy so I will leave my goals short and sweet.  My goal is to start posting more about local eateries, recipes, things to do in and around Austin, and how this working/rockin mom manages it all.  You can all follow me on Twitter(link on page), Instagram(AmandaLGagnon) , and Pinterest(link on page). 

I'll leave you with a recipe for my new favorite smoothie.  I named it the Green Protein Smoothie.


I used:  2 bananas, a heaping tablespoon of peanut butter, a handful of ice, 1 tablespoon of ground flax seeds, 1 scoop of vegetable protein powder, 1scoop of Green Vibrance (or any green powder), 1 handful of sliced/blanched almonds, and about 1/2 cup of almond milk.  This is perfect for post workout, breakfast or even a snack.  Got any good smoothie recipes? I'd love to hear from you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment