Monday, December 24, 2012

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

Happy Christmas Eve everyone!

So this will probably be my last post of 2012.  I can't believe Christmas is upon us and I managed to get most of my list done from my previous post.

I baked these cookies:  Chocolate Crinkle Kiss Cookies and Cranberry Orange Cookies.  It's amazing how much butter is used in cookies, I'm glad I bought extra!  The crinkle cookies I had some difficulty with, however.  The dough was really soft and sticky so my attempts to roll into balls was not working, so I decided to chill it.  Still didn't work.   Ugh.  So I added more flour.  Still a sticky mess.  I was frustrated and thought I ruined my cookies.  But alas, I used a spoon to scoop and plopped the gooey ball into the powdered sugar and THEN rolled into a half assed ball and baked.  It worked.  I also skipped the Hershey Kiss part because, well, I don't like them :)



Are you needing some last minute Christmas ideas?  I tried to make some gifts this year and it worked out quite well.  I'm hoping to do even more next year.  If you have a little extra time to put things together, you will save quite a bit of money. 

1.  Put it in a jar!  There are seriously so many good ideas on the web that I couldn't pick just one site so Google:  homemade jar gifts.  Everything from cookie and soup mixes, to homemade bath salts and potpourri. 

2.  Put it in a frame!  Printing pictures is pretty inexpensive these days.  I upload mine to my local 1 hour photo and a 4x6 is only about 13 cents.  Buy or make a cool frame and ta-da! 

3.  Here are 100 more ideas!



What are your plans this Christmas?  Feel free to share last minute gift ideas as well, I would love to hear from you.  Happy holidays everyone!! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment