Monday, October 29, 2012

Are You Ready For Some Football?!

Now I am not an avid football lover/fan but I have tried to appreciate the game since I have been married.  I am originally from New York, so of course I am a Giants fan.  When I saw that they would be playing the Cowboys at Cowboys Stadium two days before my 30th birthday, I thought it would be a great idea to go to the game.  So thanks to Mr. G, we got two tickets.  A friend from New York was able to get tickets pre-sale so the plan was for our friend and four of his friends, Mr. G and myself, to all meet up in Dallas/Arlington for the big game.  As luck would have it, Hurricane Sandy would put a damper on our friend's plans and they decided not to come afterall, but Mr. G and I only live 3 hours from the stadium so off we went. 

It was a beautiful day in Texas, a cool 67 degrees, perfect football weather.  I was actually a little nervous to be a Giants fan in a sea of Cowboys fans.  As soon as we arrived in Arlington and got close enough to the stadium, I started to see a ton of Giants jerseys and at that point I became really excited.  I heard a lot of smack talking but it was all in good fun. 

 

I had never been to an NFL football game before, but I knew I was in for some excitement.  The Cowboys Stadium is only a few years old so it was very nice and clean.  Fortunately, our seats were not at the VERY top of the stadium, but we did have to walk up quite a few stairs.  Game time was 3:15pm and we got to our seats around 2:45 and I was surprised to see a lot of empty seats.  Once the game started, those seats filled up and Giants and Cowboys fans packed the house.  Mr. G and I sat next to two Giants fans and there were a couple right behind us.  Needless to say, we had some raspy voices at the end of the game.  Not a bad view eh? 




The Giants completely dominated the first half and I knew then and there that we came to a good game.  Things got real close at the very end and we thought we lost to a touchdown, but the Giants won afterall.  I couldn't be happier seeing my New York team win on Texas soil.  I'd like to make it to a game at Giants Stadium some time.  It would be nice to be on their turf and in their stadium.  Hopefully our New York friends can make it down next year because I would love to make this a tradition.  Go see a game everyone!  And thanks to Mr. G for going with me and for an awesome 30th birthday gift! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment