Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Foodie Heaven

Anyone that knows me knows that I am a big nerd and love all things food.  My idea of a good time is going to the Whole Foods in downtown Austin or visiting the local food trucks and farmers market.  I am also a lover of blogs.  I happened to stumble across a friend's blog by accident and while reading, I saw a link on the side of her page that was called "Foodie Penpals."  When you click on the link, it takes you to another blog The Lean Green Bean.  Being the nerd that I am, I got so excited by what I read.

Foodie Penpals is exactly that.  You get matched with a person to send a foodie package to and someone different gets matched to send a package to you.  I signed up immediately and anxiously waited to see who I got matched with.  The match list is sent on the 5th of the month.  I couldn't believe how many people were participating and not only in the U.S., but also in Canada, United Kingdom, and Europe.  If you live in the U.S. you get matched with someone in the U.S. 

Not 5 minutes after I received my match, I emailed her right away.  To not get kicked out of the program you have some rules to follow.  You must email your match within 3 days to find out their likes, dislikes, allergies, diet restrictions, etc.  Then you have to mail your package by the 15th of the month and the spending limit is $15. 

I must say that I really enjoyed the process of getting to know the ladies I was matched with.  I sent a package to a woman who also lives in Texas so I decided to get her some Mexican chocolate, tomatillo salsa and some Beanitos chips (much healthier than tortilla chips).  We ended up having a lot in common and she loved everything I had sent.  A woman from New Hampshire sent me a package and I was so excited when it arrived.  She sent me organic cookies, fruit chews, Lara Bars, and the best thing of all:  Coconut Sugar!  I can't wait to try it. 

I plan on signing up again for the month of October.  If you are interested in the program you can click on the link above or on the icon on my blog page.  If you participate, let me know what you think! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment