Saturday, October 15, 2011

Electro-shock Blues

Is it wrong of me to think about keeping my identity even though I'm a mom now? I know my main priority is now my daughter, but I still want to make sure that I do the things I love and maintain important relationships.

The past couple of weeks have been challenging to say the least. Mr. G and I have had to spend the last month apart and I have been busy taking care of baby so seeing friends and getting out and about has been hard. Obviously, I have had a lot of time to think! I find myself talking about baby all the time and wonder if this is now what my life is going to be like.

Mr. G is in Canada right now on tour and has been able to do some cool things. What have I been doing? Changing dirty diapers all day long. Working on a relationship is hard in general, but having a long distance relationship takes extra work, in my opinion anyway. Since I don't get to talk to Mr. G all day long and have limited access to him right now since he is in his homeland, I'm driving myself nuts knowing that I don't have anything interesting to talk about. And my poor friends, ha! I welcome every opportunity they have to come and visit, but man do I worry I have turned into this total loser! I know, I know. They don't think that. This is just what has been going through my head so I constantly try and change the subject to something other than baby when they are around.

Ahhh I wonder if every parent goes through this. To make sure that I don't lose myself, I am already making plans to do as much cool shit as possible, both with and without baby. Thank goodness for grandparents who actually WANT to babysit so Mr. G and I can spend time together as well as with friends. I feel like maybe I should go downtown and hit up a club just to get it out of my system...

I must say though...I really don't know what I would do without my family and friends. They have given me back my sanity over the last couple of weeks and to them I say thanks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment