Sunday, November 25, 2012

Children Of The Sea

I have been thinking about my relationship with my daughter lately.  Little Miss and I have bonded from the beginning, naturally, and she is very sweet with me.  I know by showing her all the love and affection I can possibly give in a day will hopefully teach her to love and feel secure.  I have also been thinking about what I can leave with her, years from now.  What special thing can we share together?  And I hope that is cooking.

Other than being a mom, being in the kitchen is the one thing I enjoy the most, the one thing I feel I am naturally good at.  All those years of watching cooking shows really taught me something and I'm not afraid to dive right in.  Who needs culinary school when you have Great Chefs and How To Boil Water.  Anyone remember those?  I always have my nose in a cookbook or reading a food blog online.  I read food memoirs for fun.  In college, I would make dinners all the time for our friends in our little apartment, who happily obliged and ate everything up...I am a whole hearted foodie.  This is what I want to leave behind, for my daughter, and for the rest of my family.

I am hoping this blog can stay with Little Miss, as a diary of what I love, and also a collection of recipes for her.  I can't wait until she is a little older and we can start making things together.  Until then, I'll cook and she will bang on pots and pans.  A sound like no other.


What do you wish to leave for your children?  Any traditions you would like to share?

2 comments:

  1. This is such a sweet post to your daughter, and overall in general. I have recently gotten into cooking more, and it's so nice as you have the peaceful mind of being in your own home and such a sense of accomplishment when you are finished knowing you have a nice home-cooked meal. I miss your face..Work has been crazy lately, sorry i haven't stopped by your desk. :) - Melissa S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Melissa, you are so sweet! Maybe we can have a dinner party some time :)

    ReplyDelete