Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Rock and Roll Thanksgiving

Sorry for the delay in this post everyone, but Mr. G has been using our good camera for work and I forgot to upload Thanksgiving pictures before he left again.  Oops!  But here we go...

I had the pleasure of cooking for twenty three people this year.  There were about ten family members and Mr. G's work crew joined us as well.  All in all, I think everyone enjoyed themselves and I got to meet a few of Mr. G's work buddies that I haven't met yet.  Everyone is real nice on this tour and I was happy we could all share the day together.  The best part, everything went off without a hitch!

I baked two apple and two pumpkin pies the night before with the help of my mom, and also cooked the cranberry sauce to get a head start.  Thanksgiving Day started bright and early and I was up by 6am.  I picked Mr. G up first since he arrived in town early that morning and then it was off to the inlaws to finish cooking.  My MIL already made the stuffing and cooked the turkeys.  We had three turkeys so she baked, grilled and smoked one.  My mom and I were on side dish duty.  We made green beans amandine, roasted sweet potatoes, garlic/parmesan mashed potatoes, and honey/ginger glazed carrots.  I did not like how the carrots came out so I will not post that recipe, but I will post the others.  I apologize in advance, but I do not measure y'all.  Everyone started to arrive around 1pm so we got some appetizers ready to hold everyone over until dinner, which was at 4pm.  I threw together a spinach/artichoke dip and my mom made some cream cheese/jalapeƱo croissants to go along with the veggie tray.

It was a beautiful day so everything was set up outside, including the dinner tables.  That's one thing I really do love about living in Texas, the mild winters.  Mr. G got some great shots throughout the day and as you can see, we had some fun with the turkey leg!  Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving, I know I did...


















0 comments:

Post a Comment