Friday, November 2, 2012

November Goals

I've recently started setting monthly goals for myself.  It helps keep me on track and I get a sense of accomplishment if I am able to follow through with everything on my list.  Seeing that it is the start of November, I'd like to share my goals with you.

1.  Complete a monthly cleanse.  I have been wanting to do this for a while now and there is no time like the present.  My goal is to cut out processed foods, drink 64 ounces of water daily, eat mostly fruit, vegetables and grains, but cooking seafood twice a week is ok, and juicing.  I will allow myself one day a week to immerse myself into the Austin foodie scene but I will try and eat the best I can on those days.

2.  Read an ENTIRE book.  I love books and was so happy when I received a Half Price Books gift card for my birthday a few days ago.  I can buy twice as many books there than I can at the larger competitors.  I have purchased many books over the years, but I have never truly dedicated myself to reading and I would like to change that.

3.  Start Insanity workout.  I bought this intense workout about two months ago and have not done anything with it yet.  Shame on me.  The workout calendar starts on a Monday so in three days time I will start with the fit test.  The great thing about this program is that it is only two months long, and the workouts are 20-40 minutes, which is perfect for a working mom. 

4.  Remove all clutter from home.  A clutter free home is a happy and healthy family.  Less stress is an important factor in maintaining good health. 

5.  Promote the crap out of this blog.  You get the point.  And you can help!

6.  Be thankful every day.  Of course this stems from the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday, but we should give thanks each and every day, all year long.  I am thankful for so many things in my life.  I have a happy and healthy family to spend time with, I can put food on the table and a roof over our heads, and I can partake in pleasures that a lot of people can't.  My list is a mile long and my goal is to take a moment each day to recognize this. 

What are you up to this November?  Feel free to share your monthly goals!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment