Friday, November 16, 2012

Leaving On A Jet Plane

It's that time again....Mr. G left on a jet plane for another month of touring.  To say this is getting old is an understatement, but I am always supportive.  People always ask how I do it.  It's not a simple answer, but I like to reply with the usual:  You get used to it.  And it's true.  You adapt.  I like to think that I adapt well to change, different environments and situations.  It makes me stronger.  The more I adapt to things, the better I get at it. 

In this case, it is all I have known, our relationship and the road.  I know our situation is unique and I am always in search of people like us.  The weird ones.  The couple that is apart longer than they are physically together.  The wives who have husbands on tour, are in the military, or are just workaholics.  I know there is someone out there that can relate.  It takes strong people to make these relationships work, for better or for worse, and I plan to see that through. 

I haven't posted much about being a roadie wife lately, but I am trying to keep busy with other things.  I have my 14 month old daughter keeping me on my toes, cooking and blogging.  It's always good to find hobbies!  The thing I like most, about having a husband on tour?  Doing things that I enjoy, and then sharing all my adventures.  Absence really does make the heart grow fonder and communication is key. 

See you soon Mr. G.

Is there anyone else out there with a traveling spouse?  I would love to hear from you!

2 comments:

  1. I'm the opposite from you. My husband has been disabled and unable to work for over 20 years...he is home all the time. I can't imagine how hard it must be for you but it sounds like you are making the best of your situation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment Dawn! And yes, it has it's moments just like I'm sure your situations has them too. Blogging helps though :)

    ReplyDelete